Here is a simple and ridiculously efficient way to kill LanSchool and access internet. This one is new and works as of November 20, 2009 with version 220.127.116.11
- Go to C:Program Files (can be accessed by going up folders from My Documents) and then find the LanSchool folder.
- Delete or move as many files as you can from the LanSchool folder. The application can survive this, so we will go a step further and make sure it can't run even if the files are there.
- Right-click on school.exe and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Execute in compatibility mode box and choose the oldest available operating system.
- LanSchool might then show various installation boxes. Always click cancel.
Voilà! You can now use Internet Explorer and other restricted applications, completely unseen!
UPDATE: Some people do not have access to these files. Another way to sabotage the LanSchool files would be to create a batch file that messes with the files it needs to run.